Monday, June 4, 2012

…oh, Create!!


… you were MAHVELOUS!!!  
Getting ready and experiencing the Create retreat is like a wedding.  
You think and plan and plan and pack and make memories for the cherished event. 
 And then, in the blink of an eye, it's over, it's done! 
That's exactly what it's like teaching at Create, and other art retreats.

 It was such an honor to have the most wonderful students sharing at another Create, this one in Irvine, CA.  I was energized by their kindness and curious enthusiasm for trying new things and making amazing art.
 …my classrooms are always a color FULL mess!...
 …stretching out of our comfort zones...

 …playing, thinking, letting go….
 …sharing, laughing, creating...

 …making those special connections with new "forever art friends"….



 …exploring new techniques and experiencing new art materials…..
 …making beautiful "frame worthy" art work!...
 …Anne here was in THREE of my classes…..and she was a ball of creative wild fire! 
 After her busy artful week, "calm and quiet" was her lettering class theme….
 ...
…concentrating, being in the moment, happy, joyful...
…loving some of the dozens and dozens of pens
 i brought for classroom play learning...

…trying new food at lunch with my friend Susie…while in California, 
i had to have my first ever fish taco!
 
…even had a little time for shopping and laughing with the stylin' Pam Carriker...  
…at my most favorite store on the planet, 
"Fresh Produce" Sportswear in Laguna Beach. 
(Pam thought i was taking her there to buy apples and bananas!)
Create..it was perfect.
…See you next year in Irvine!  
Create will be back at the Hyatt Regency in 2013 
making art and making friends and making memories...

13 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a fabulous time. One of your retreats has just been added to my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Joanne. I miss Irvine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a fab time was had by everyone, just signed up yesterday for your new online class, my first ever, so looking forward to it, will probably take me ages to do it all though, thank god for self paced. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to join the NJ classes but we have a conflict - so 2013 is a definite for me! Will the peerless watercolors be available in your Etsy shop soon? And is the Cloth Paper Scissor video similar to your Letter Love and Artsy Alphabet online class? You are having a great year! SO excited for you!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had an awesome time with you Joanne both in class and at lunch. I am looking forward to you coming out next year.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like such a GREAT time! Wish I lived closer... any chance you'll be doing something in the Massachusetts area?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had fun!! Glad your back. Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like so much fun Joanne. All the ladies in your classes were having a blast!!! Eating fish tacos with Susie and spending time with my sister was an added bonus for you both!!! So glad she got to take a class with you too <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Jacket hanging on the wall behind Pam... Oh I wish I could buy that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look like everyone had so much fun! Big Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was sooo much fun meeting you Joanne! I fortell lots of laughter in NJ and Chicago!

    ReplyDelete