Tuesday, December 28, 2010

...back to some inky art!

While we had a magical time with family and friends, so glad the holidays are drawing to a close.  Now back to work i go!  Finishing up my stamps, and 3 other assignments that all have to be completed from now until January 10th.


For me, one of the nice things about Christmas week is the little bit of down time to "reorganize".  My home studio was the winner this year!  It felt good to take a little inventory of the "stash" and supplies i have, that will inspire new directions and ideas in the New Year.


I get the most satisfaction from the creative process in my journals, exploring with paint, ink, spray, color, drawing etc.  Colorful pages stay blank from the journaling part, waiting for writings to be inserted later.  Here are two pages that have been awaiting their 'written wisdom' for months..........i finished them yesterday when i was supposed to be cleaning!
 On the left page spread in my Moleskine Watercolor Journal, I drew my usual whimsical flowers then painted them with my Tim Holtz Distress Ink Reinkers.  Just used drops of the distress inks in a paint tray, added water and painted with a brush.  These colors  are so bold and rich, just how i love them! (here i used Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick, Orange Marmalade, Broken China, Scattered Straw, etc)  Then, the "sugar on top" is some spritzing with my Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists in "Perfect Copper".  Just the perfect amount of shimmer to catch the light.



On the right side page spread, i drew my winged a heart and colored the same way.  Outlined with my Inkssentials White Gel pen.




Now finished...a message reflecting the anticipation of a new year.....








..."see yourself as others see you...shine".....

7 comments:

  1. every time I look at your work I am in AWE!!!JUST PLAIN AWE!! the colors...the design...STINKIN' AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, WOW! Those are beautiful pages! I am in AWE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so beautiful.. u are oh so talented.. I love your drawings! I need to learn so much from you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing...I want to take a class from you! :)

    ReplyDelete